Tasty Tartare and Chunky Chips: A Review of Leaf Lovers Birmingham

On Christmas Eve, my sister Tia and I had the opportunity to try two Christmas burgers and 2 sampler menus from the new vegan hotspot in Moseley, Leaf Lovers Birmingham. I'm a bit out of the blogging swing of things so forgot to take pictures, so have nabbed a couple from their Twitter. This new venture is based in The Prince, Moseley, and your food is served through a nifty little hatchet by a French man called Cyd. Being a vegetarian, I always jump at the chance to try new plant-based eateries, and this one has set up just at the right time, with Veganuary just around the corner!


The burger was sizeable - in fact, Tia called it a 'hefty burger' - and was packed full of flavour. Featuring a wonderfully crispy Chik'n patty which would rival its meat equivalents and loaded with delicious roast parsnips, gravy mayo (genius), sage stuffing on cranberry sauce, I knew it would be a winner even before taking a bite. The gravy mayo might have been the star of the show for me, but the combination of all the flavours came together to make a Christmas miracle, neatly packaged in a dairy-free brioche bun.


The sampler menu was equally impressive. It consists of 6 pots with sample-sized dishes from the menu. However, sample-sized didn't necessarily mean small! We were stuffed after working our way through them. My personal favourite was the Tofish and Chips, which came with the most incredible tartare sauce I think I've ever eaten - to quote Tia again, it had 'tasty tasty tartare and nice chunky chips'. The other dishes had a similar amount of wow factor, with the Boom Boom Cauliflower being a real tastebud pleaser, and the chilli non-carne being as good as any meaty chilli I've had in the past. The pomegranate slaw was a perfect complement dish, and the quinoa clean living salad gave the meal just the right dose of healthy for the Christmas period. To finish off there was a mini brownie, which was rich, chocolatey and a delicious end to a fab meal.


All in all, I'd definitely recommend paying Leaf Lovers a visit if you're in the area, as you'll be guaranteed a filling meal that will tantalise your tastebuds. And as I said, with Veganuary starting tomorrow, what better time to try such a great vegan spot? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts