My skincare routine

Since being in lockdown, I, like so many other people, have spent a lot more time on looking after my skin. So much so that I’ve bought a skincare-related print to go next to my mirror. I love taking the time to go through my skincare routine, it’s such an easy form of self care and it always makes me feel refreshed. So I thought I’d share my routine, in case anyone needs any relatively affordable product recommendations! I have oily/combination skin, but a lot of the products I use are great for all skin types.



TALA LEAF face cloth (£5 full-size, £3 mini)  – this has fast become an essential in my routine. It comes in black, pink, or white, and is sold in two sizes (I have the full-size one). The LEAF face cloth is sustainable, made from 100% recycled polyester. It’s reusable, can be thrown in the washing machine to clean, and it removes your make-up with just water! You can also use it with your cleanser if you prefer.
Mélusine jade roller (£15.50) – I use this twice a day before applying serums and creams. It is great for relieving stress, and I’ve noticed a reduction in puffiness after using it.
Boots Cucumber Facial Scrub (£1.50) – this is a great light exfoliating facial scrub, and I use it every morning. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and free of impurities, and it’s only £1.50.
Mario Badescu Witch Hazel and Rosewater Toner (£10.95) – I use this every evening at the start of my skincare routine, applied with the help of my TALA LEAF face cloth. It smells amazing, and helps my skin to feel refreshed and rejuvenated at the end of the day.


The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser (£5.50) – I use this cleanser every morning. It melts wonderfully into a liquid form and is super easy to spread across the face. It leaves skin feeling squeaky clean, and is definitely one of the best cleansers I’ve used.
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution (£6.30) – this is a fab peeling solution to control blemishes and even out skin tone and texture. I use it twice a week for 10 minutes each time, and I’ve really noticed improvements in my skin.



The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (£5.90) – I use this serum morning and night. It has been great for hydrating and plumping my skin, and it really helps to absorb other products. It has a lovely smooth finish to it, making the skin feel great after use.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Sage and Orange Blossom (£6.75) – I spray this immediately after applying my hyaluronic acid, morning and night. Although I’m not convinced it offers great skincare benefits, it smells wonderful and helps me feel relaxed.
Revolution Skincare Pink Clay Detoxifying Face Mask (£7.95) – again, I use this twice a week and it helps keep my skin feeling clean and clear, removing all impurities.


The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (£5) – this is honestly probably my favourite product. I apply it daily in the morning, and it has worked wonders for me. It’s helped control the oiliness of my skin, and has visibly reduced the size of my pores. The only thing I would say is avoid using it with AHAs or products containing citric acid, as this can cause some redness.
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG (£5.75) – I use this twice a day, and I’ve definitely noticed a reduction in under-eye puffiness. It’s had less of an impact of my dark circles, though they have become slightly less noticeable.


The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA (£4.90) – I use this moisturiser in the morning after all my serums. It’s lovely and silky, and sinks in easily without leaving the skin feeling sticky.
Clean and Clear Dual Action Oil-Free Moisturiser (£3.39) – I use this moisturiser at night, as it’s a very light moisturiser and helps to keep my blemishes at bay.
No7 Protect & Perfect Lip Care (£10) – this is the last step in my skincare routine, and I use it morning and night to keep my lips soft and smooth.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts